Aims and Objectives
- The aim of the Alpha Institute is to promote serious study and research in the various fields of theology with special emphasis to Asian Christian theology. The research program is intended to bring about personal integration in the life of the individuals and the church on theological, spiritual, religious, psychological and social levels. The Institute fosters the harmony of devotion, knowledge and action. While striving hard to excel in serious study and research, every student is encouraged to do his or her best to excel in the realization of the harmony of loving devotion, wisdom and activity, in a spirit of selfless service.
- In contrast to a dualistic, “either-or” mentality that sees things as irreconcilable opposites, the goal of Alpha Institute of Theology and Science stresses a complementary, “both-and” attitude that is integrative and inclusive. It also aims at preparing priests, religious and laity for inter- religious dialogues and to meet the challenges of the time for an effective pastoral and spiritual ministry. Its programmes are oriented towards preparing priests , religious and laity for an effective and active pastoral ministry, to attain a greater awareness of the spiritual , social, political, economic, religious and ideological systems and traditions that influence the lives of Christians and their fellow- seekers of God.
- Alpha Institute of Theology and Science endorses the spirit of the Church by engaging deeply in the ecumenical pursuit by offering opportunities to students of different Christian denominations to participate in the academic programmes of the institute and it fosters religious harmony through inter- religious dialogues and prayer-seminars conducted annually. Its goal is to encourage clear and creative thinking, in consonance with the teachings of the Church and the dictates of the Gospel, in the context of the Asian religious and Spiritual traditions, conducive to an experience of the supreme Truth through selfless service and loving commitment.
Division of the Courses
In accordance with Sapientia Christiana art. 72, the curriculam of the studies at this institute comprises of three successive cycles at University level as the following.
- First Cycle - (i) Diploma Course in the basics of Philosophy and Theology (ii) Bachelors Degree in Theology (BTh)
- Second Cycle - Specialization: Masters Degree in Theology (MTh)
- Integrated Masters Degree in Theology
- Third Cycle - Doctoral Research: Doctorate in Sacred Theology